8 tips to prevent cancer

Approximately in 5% of cancers there is a hereditary family component and exposure to toxic agents at work may be behind 10% of the total. The rest, from 80 to 90%, would be related to the lifestyle Cancer Remedies.

Personal habits represent the highest percentage in the frequency of the appearance of cancer (they all represent 50% of the factors related to their appearance). The tips to prevent cancer that you can apply right now are:

  1. Do not smoke

And keep your house without tobacco smoke. Cigarette smoke that is consumed without aspiration has 4 times more carcinogenic components than inhaled and non-smokers who live in the same room are equally exposed to these carcinogens.

  1. Keep the line

Obesity is associated with an increased risk of cancer of the breast, colon and rectum, esophagus, pancreas, endometrium or kidney, among others.

  1. Move

Performing moderate physical activity frequently prevents between 30 and 50% the appearance of cancerous tumors.

  1. Eat well

In addition to eating a healthy diet rich in cereals, legumes, vegetables and fruits and reducing the consumption of foods rich in calories, sugar and fat, as well as sugary drinks, remember that charred foods (grilled, roasted) contain carcinogenic products known as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons . In addition, the cooking and subsequent slow cooling of foods that mix vegetables and meats (stews and stews) generates the appearance of nitrosamines, which are carcinogenic.

  1. Alcohol, little and occasionally

The consumption of alcohol causes liver cancer, especially when there is hepatitis and cirrhosis, and represents a carcinogen of the first order in oropharyngeal and esophageal cancer.

  1. Eye with the sun

One in three new tumors that are diagnosed is skin cancer. Exposure to solar ultraviolet rays is a factor of skin cancer and melanoma, so it is recommended to limit sun exposure and use high protection factors.

  1. Get away from the bad fumes

The smoke produced by the combustion of organic material is carcinogenic, and the most important pollution is caused by the habit of smoking and the use of coal in cooking food and heating. In addition, in the cities the concentration of toxic particles and agents of industrial origin, which increase the effects of carcinogens, is added. It is estimated that when the concentration of this type of particles in the air increases by 1%, the risk of lung cancer increases by 14 percent.

  1. Early detection: a responsibility of all

Screening programs significantly improve the prognosis of cancer that, despite its incidence, has seen its survival grow and mortality reduced. Remember:

  • Women should have a cytology every year and, starting at age 40, should participate in breast cancer screening programs;
  • Men, in turn, should participate in screening for prostate cancer after age 40.
  • Women and men should participate in screening for colorectal cancer after age 50.
This entry was posted in Health & Medical and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.