The Vertical Short Elevators are specially designed to save small heights, such as access stairs to homes or commercial premises, which make it difficult for people with wheelchairs or people who can walk, They have difficulty climbing or descending stairs (MONTASCALE PER DISABILI).
In the market there are several types of elevators specially manufactured to guarantee accessibility, such as the Stairlifts and the Stairlifts . But if we want to save a route less than 3 meters with a contained cost and respect, as far as possible, the integration of the elevator in the rest of the environment we have a very interesting option that are Vertical Elevators of Short Course or Also called Vertical Stairlift Platform .
What is a Vertical Elevator of Short Tour ?
Vertical Elevators of short route are elevators designed to overcome architectural barriers through their vertical displacement of up to 3 meters of travel, have a fixed structure anchored to the ground and the wall and are provided with a cabin or cabin, usually at half height.
They are mainly intended to transport people in wheelchairs or with any type of reduced mobility, in many cases, it is possible to incorporate a folding stool for comfort.
Advantages of vertical short-haul elevators.
- Very intuitive operation , just keep the push button up or down until you reach the destination plant, where the lift will stop automatically. In each of the landings we have a call button. It is possible to install llavines to be able to use the elevator and provide it with greater security and control, it is also possible in some models to have a remote control for its use.
- Comfort and safety . These elevators equip elements for a smooth acceleration and a stop without jumps or vibrations. In terms of security, they have closed mechanisms, rescue batteries in the event of power cuts, obstacle detectors, anti-trapping devices, etc.
- More versatility than other lifting systems. The Vertical Elevators allow, depending on the dimensions, to accompany the person with mobility problems or the transport of shopping carts, baby carriages or other objects.
- Optimization of the space on the stairs . They do not take up space on the stairs, when installed outside it, in most cases they do not need a machine room either.
- They do not require a pit or this is very small. Most manufacturers have models that need a pit of about 15 cm., It can be replaced by a small ramp in most cases.
- It is possible to install outdoors . There are special models for use abroad.
- Reduced Energy consumption . For the most part, vertical short-haul elevators provide an electric traction by means of an endless or hydraulic systems for their displacement. Both one and the other can work with a single-phase connection with a consumption, according to the manufacturer, of between 750 W and 1200 W.
- Its installation is very simple . This elevator fits virtually any space, so many of its elements are already pre-assembled and adapted from the factory, thus avoiding many times the execution of works.
Possible drawbacks of vertical elevators.
- As main drawbacks we find that it is a fixed installation , which is not possible to fold, as in the case of chairs or stair lift platforms, not being able to allocate the space occupied by the lift for other uses.
- In case of lack of power supply, it will only be possible to use it once and only to lower it, since the capacity of the batteries is limited.
Vertical lifts Price
Vertical lifts are an alternative to other types of lifts that require a greater financial outlay and large works of adaptation for installation. The price of vertical lifts has been reduced in recent years thanks mainly to the technological advance of these vertical lifts and to the increasingly growing demand, a fact that has brought new manufacturers and distributors of this type of lifts to the market.
In order to determine the price of the vertical elevator in an exact manner, it would be advisable to evaluate it by a company specialized in this type of elevator, especially if it is necessary to adapt a space to house the location of the vertical elevator, or it is not clear the possible location of it.
On the other hand, we must bear in mind that this type of lift has different manufacturing options, so the price of the vertical lift can vary depending on these options, as we will see below there are some mandatory conditions that are given by the own characteristics of the ladder or hole to save and others that are optional, but that can serve us as useful.
Vertical elevator price, conditioners
The main conditioning factors that affect the prices of vertical lifts are the following:
- Vertical Elevator Travel. Although vertical elevators or mini-elevators are limited to a maximum distance of 3 meters, the price varies depending on the route, the vertical elevator requires larger fixing elements and a cylinder, (in the case of a hydraulic system or endless in the case of electric traction), with larger dimensions at higher heights have to be saved, so this characteristics will directly affect a higher cost in the price of the vertical elevator.
- Location of the elevator. The price will also be increased if the vertical lift has to be installed outdoors (outdoors), so it must be equipped with extra protection against the climatic elements and be built with materials that withstand the inclemency. (Anticorrosion paint, aluminum or stainless steel). This type of protections and materials are more expensive so they will make the cost of the elevator higher.
- Optional elements of vertical elevators . Depending on the manufacturer we can have more or less optional elements, as a general rule the most common are:
- Different colors of the elevator to choose.
- Entrance ramp. It is possible to replace the small pit with a metallic ramp to replace it.
- Motorized doors. Another possible option for these vertical lifts is the possibility of automating the doors to open and close automatically at the arrival or exit of the elevator.
- Double boarding at 90º. Normally in this type of elevator the exit is located directly in front of the entrance. When it is not like that and the exit is to the right or left of the entrance we will have to take it into account. Above all, because the dimensions of the cabin should be sufficient to allow the wheelchair to turn inside of it.
- Remote control. Apart from the control pushbuttons in the elevator cabin and the call buttons in each of the floors. Many manufacturers have the option of supplying remote controls to facilitate the use of vertical lifts.
- Interior folding seat. Another very interesting option would be to adapt an interior folding seat, this system allows people with reduced mobility or with difficulties to go up and down stairs to sit during the journey to make it easier.